We provide free legal services in restraining order and limited family law matters for domestic violence victims in Alameda County. With lawyers on staff, Family Violence Law Center is well-equipped to guide victims through the court systems.
We work with people who need help with:
- Domestic Violence Prevention Act restraining orders
- Child custody and visitation filings (as attached to a domestic violence restraining order)
- Child and spousal support requests (as attached to a domestic violence restraining order)
- Civil Harassment Restraining Orders (CHOs) for survivors of sexual assault, sexual harassment, and/or stalking
- Title IX administrative proceedings at UC Berkeley
Our Legal Services include:
- Legal information
- Paperwork preparation
- Court accompaniment
- Attorney representation in court (generally on a limited scope basis)
- Advisor representation and support in UC Berkeley Title IX administrative proceedings
If you’d like to speak to someone today call 1-800-947-8301.
If you live outside of Alameda County we can offer referrals for free legal services in other jurisdictions.
Criminal Justice Advocacy
FVLC staffs a team of advocates who work closely with Oakland, Berkeley, and Alameda police departments and the Alameda County Sheriff’s Department in order to enhance victim safety and improve law enforcement response to domestic violence.
Advocates receive domestic violence referrals from these jurisdictions and pro-actively contact victims to offer support and services.